ART OF THE SPIRIT
"Art is sacred when it can make itself a vehicle of the Immaterial, but especially when it can "religàre | hold together" without -centralizingisms the multiple languages of religions, philosophies, mysticisms and sciences. Who can say where the air ends and Heaven begins?
Maria Grazia Lurgo, aka Mya Lurgo, was born in Bordighera (IM, Italy) on May 30, 1971 and has been working in Switzerland for more than 30 years. Artistic expression has been a path of research and discovery since childhood.
Her studies are non-academic, although she has attended specialized courses in the artistic disciplines of her primary interest. A multi-talented subject, Mya Lurgo attended language high school and later obtained several diplomas necessary for the technical management of three fitness and medical fitness centers in Canton Ticino. Today she is dedicated to teaching the Yoga of the Seven Tibetan Rites (rititibetani.ch) as a sexual transmutation practice to foster creativity. In parallel, the assiduous study of esoteric, philosophical and psychological texts remains, since adolescence, the great passion received "as a dowry" from his mother - art collector.
Mya Lurgo's artistic expression has thus evolved in synergy with these readings and career paths.
The birth of her first child and a contemporary health problem led to more profiled artistic choices, inspired mainly by Yves Klein's Immaterial. To better delve into the extra-ordinary vision of the Painter of the Infinite, as well as to delve into the esoteric contents of the Hotel CHELSEA Manifesto, Mya Lurgo, like Yves Klein, joined the Rosicrucian Order for years, finding in the Rosicrucian Studies Group (studirosacrociani.org) friends and valuable educational support.
As a result of this interaction and introspective research that began even before the age of 14, Mya Lurgo recovered the latent faculty of Meditative Writing and began the process of her personal "written painting," i.e., an introspective journey of formation, thanks to the Dialogues with the Self/Superconscious, transcribed in the volumes "The Golden Book" (22 volumes in 2023, but the work is ongoing).
Some of these writings can be found in the ebook Out of the Blue: Yves Klein's Immaterial meets acentrism.
Acentrism, that is, the absence of centralizing "isms," is the téchne that Mya Lurgo has put into practice, through IV Phases - inner and outer: painting/grattage, lightart, digitalart, video installations - to achieve a subjective cleansing from the kit of acquired conditioning.
This clean slate led from the Immaterial to the ART OF SPIRIT. A further qualitative leap in consciousness, for it is not a matter of creating an "allure" of spirituality, but of being SPIRIT.
Mya Lurgo's artistic expression embodies this "downloading" without circumferences.
"A-centrism is the absence of all centralizing '-ism.' A-centrism leads to the tantra of the single point as the essential centrality or osmotic atom. Anyone could draw a single point; the real issue is to be, in fact, that single point. To reduce oneself to so much, to manifest in a minimum of matter, all of the SPIRIT."
Current and future events:
- Vertical Skies, exhibition on the occasion of Art Week Lugano, 09/25 - 10/31/2022, Nellimya Arthouse
- Design and coordination of the Vitart Parcours Itineraries project for the non-profit cultural association Aranno LandArt. Various Land Art works curated by Mya Lurgo.
Mya Lurgo, The Prince of the Wood (detail) 2020. Work that opens the Vitart_Parcours 1 trail at Aranno LandArt.
- Training: Refresher courses for Adobe Premiere Pro 2023, After Effects, Augmented Reality and Digital Coach for self-management of one's social media.
- Performance B.L.U - Be Like U c/o Nellimya Arthouse on April 29.
- BOOK OBJECT. International festival of artist and design books. c/o ADI Design Museum Milan from Sept. 14 - 26, 2021 + Braidense National Library in Milan, Dec. 1 - 31
-Group show: Spring Exhibition c/o Casa Pelli, Aranno, Switzerland .
- Sleep, dreams and EEG, project curated by Per Huttner and Emilio Fantin c/o Bologna, 11.12 - 13.12.2020
- Conception and coordination of the Land Art project: "12 Vitart Parcours Routes in Malcantone" for the non-profit cultural association Aranno LandArt.
- Performance by Mya Lurgo, Giovanna Galimberti and Nadia Radici, Between the fallacious appearances, like a thunderbolt. SENSIBLE IS THE CLEAR LIGHT, c/o ElisarionCultural Centre and Museum , 9 - 16 February 2020
- Artist residency Summer 2019 curated by Emilio Fantin c/o Fondazione Lac o Le Mon (Puglia), 19 - 21 August
-Wunderkammer 2, 1st Class Artery by Nellimya Arthouse, c/o Suitenhotel Parco Paradiso, Lugano
- Publication: Mya Lurgo, The Immaterial of Yves Klein meets the acentric, e-book. Second edition 2018
- Publication: Research IV. Out of the Blue_BLOOMING, SAMSARA, RESURRECTION - In the name of the Mother
- Digital Exposure, Imago Revolution, www.imagorevolution.info
- Publication: Research III. Out of the Blue_APOCALYPSE - In the name of the Father
-Wunderkammer 1, 1st Class Artery of Nellimya Arthouse, c/o Kurhaus Cademario Hotel & Spa, Cademario
- Publication: Research II. Out of the Blue_SAMSARA - Making souls and works
- Publication: Research I. Out of the Blue_BLOOMING - Dead and Risen from the Garden of Abortion
-Letter to Clara Maffei, Verdi OFF Festival, Parma
- Acca Atelier 2016, The artist with the studio around, c/o Luisa Valentini Atelier, Turin
-FearAutocensorship, Being a woman without borders, Con_Vivere Carrara Festival, Carrara
-CosmoMania, List í Ljósi Festival, curated by Celia Harrison and Sesselja Jónasardóttir, Seydisfjordur, Iceland
- Publication: Mya Lurgo, The Immaterial of Yves Klein meets the acentric, e-book. First edition 2016
-OtherFrame, Video Art Festival, curated by Luigi Boccadamo and Dario Cogliati,
- Matteo Emery and Mya Lurgo, In statu nascenti, Lugano
- Amsterdam Light Festival selection with Like circles in the water, Amsterdam
- Minus2 degree selection, with Global melt between the lines #ClimateRemoteControll, Salzburg
- Digital Exposure, Imago Revolution, www.imagorevolution.info
- Digital exhibition, Out of the Blue_NETWORK: Thank U-Turn, www.myalurgo.ch
- Digital exhibition, Out of the Blue_NETWORK: E.X.P.O Emancipating X Pranic Opportunities, www.myalurgo.ch
- Collective exhibition Lightness, curated by Paola Ubiali, c/o Galleria Marelia, Bergamo
- Bipersonal LIGHTING_Days with Ela Franscella in art Elfa nel Sacral, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
-Creative Cities Collection Fine Arts Exhibition, c/o Barbican Center, London
- Ferrara Art Biennale: New code, Ferrara
- Luci sulle mura collective exhibition, curated by Vincenzo Biavati, Associazione culturale Stile Italico with the Assessore alla Cultura di Ferrara, c/o Porta degli Angeli, Ferrara
- Lugano Urban Art Festival, Mya Lurgo and Matteo Emery, In statu nascenti, Lugano
- Bipersonal exhibition of Federica Gonnelli and Mya Lurgo, Acuto - Grave: mettere in armonia il discorde, curated by Martina Cavallarin, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
- Luce e Oltre... curated by Cristina Trivellin, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
- Collective exhibition Il Credente e il Mutante: omaggio a Yves Klein, curated by Cristina Trivellin, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
- Collective exhibition Pinocchio e il Peccato Originale, curated by Cristina Trivellin, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
- Collective exhibition Lentissima-Mente fino allo Zero, curated by Anna Caterina Bellati, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
- Collective exhibition A.N.G.E.L.I and Tracce d'Infnito, curated by Cristina Trivellin, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
- Collective exhibition Sognando la Realtà, curated by Dalmazio Ambrosioni, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
- Collective exhibition Incisions and vibrations, curated by Igor Zanti, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
- Collective exhibition E®GO Iperbolico, curated by Luciano Ghersi, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
-Open XI, International Exhibition, Venice
- Group exhibition À travers l'Immateriel - homage to Yves Klein, curated by Anna Caterina Bellati, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
- Collective exhibition Bodies: envelopes of flesh, light andthought, curated by Anna Caterina Bellati, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
- Solo exhibition Come un battito d'ali, curated by Anna Caterina Bellati, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
- Collective exhibition Siamo Vasi Comunicanti, curated by Anna Caterina Bellati, c/o Nellimya: light art exhibition, Lugano
- Collective exhibition Frames, curated by Alessandro Sgarito, c/o Galleria ZeroUno, Barletta
- Collective exhibition The dream, c/o Primo Piano LivingGallery, Lecce
- Participation in the project Camera 312 PRO-Memoria per Pierre (Restany), curated by Ruggero Maggi, 52. Venice Art Biennale
- ARENA PO VideoArtGroup
- Shanghai Art Fair
- ARTour event - O Florence
- Publication: Mya Lurgo, Acentrismo: dal sogno dell'ego alla divina realtà. Manifesto of art and spirituality without circumferences, Bellati Editore, Lecco, 2007
- Themed group exhibition: TRAVESTIMENTI, Palazzo del Parco, Bordighera - KunstArt, Fiera Bolzano
- Impromptu painting session, Ivrea Carale Museum
2005 – 2004
- Red Impluse performance for the Youth and Events Department, Lugano
- Personal, c/o Artville, Lugano
- Personnel c/o Olivella, Morcote
- Personal, c/o Kursaal, Lugano
- FIlippo Salesi, 3rd International Biennial Painting Competition, City of Sanremo Prize 2002 - Villa Ormond
- Solo exhibition c/o gallery La Telaccia d'oro, Turin
1999 – 2001
-La Telaccia d'oro 2001, XXVI International Art Exhibition of Painting, Graphics, Engraving, Sculpture and Ceramics
- Creative Box project - Open doors in the atelier, Lugano 1998
- Staff c/o Union of Swiss Banks, Lugano
- Bi-personal c/o La Fenice Gallery, Lugano
- Solo exhibition c/o Kunsthaus Dietlikon, Zurich
MYA LURGO | ART OF THE SPIRIT AGENDA
c/o Nellimya Arthouse
via Ur Stradon 11, CH-6994 Aranno (Switzerland)
Mob. +41 79 626 70 38
This work is distributed under the Licence Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 International.